WHAT IS TRITAN™?
Tritan™, known as Tritan Copolyester, is a new generation of copolyester developed by Eastman. Tritan™ is a new generation of copolyester developed by Eastman. It is a modern plastic raw material that is used in baby products, medical and other applications due to its outstanding safety and environmental performance.
It has been reviewed and approved for use in video contact by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Health Canada, the European Food Safety Authority and the European Commission, the Chinese Ministry of Health, the Japanese Hygienic Olefin and Styrene Plastics Association, and other authoritative regulatory agencies, as well as being certified by the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC).
What are the significant benefits of tritan?
- Tritan is a BPA-free plastic — it is not manufactured with bisphenol A (BPA) or other bisphenol compounds, such as bisphenol S (BPS).
- Tritan is impact-resistant — products can be used without fear of shattering.
- Tritan is tough — extending the useful life of water bottles and food containers, potentially reducing waste.
- Tritan has exceptional dishwasher durability — encouraging proper sanitation for greater plastic container safety.
- Tritan is much lighter than glass — making it easier to handle without the fear of breaking.
- Tritan has no estrogenic or androgenic activity
- Tritan is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®